Assalamu Alikum: Ramadan Mubarak
According to the Islamic Societies of Greater Salt Lake City area: there was NO credible moon sighting anywhere in North America. Therefore, the first day of Ramadan will be Thursday, May 17th 2018 and Taraweeh will start Wednesday, May 16th 2018 at 10:20 PM MST, following the Esha Prayer.
The same routine of Esha prayer and Taraweeh will be continued through the month of Ramadan.
Image courtesy: http://muslimsprayertimes.com/
May Allah enable us to get the most benefit during the blessed month of Ramadan.
Khadeeja Islamic Center Ramadan Calendar: Link
Fast breaking dinner will be served in selected Saturday evenings. If you want to sponsor one of the dinners, please contact Br. Hussam (Email: email@example.com)
Utah Valley Islamic Center/ Al Sahaba Mosque
- The mosque is located at 352 East 900 South, Orem UT 84097
- The Juma Prayer starts at 1:30 PM and Ends by 2:10 PM
- Parking is in the back of the mosque building, and in the nearby streets
- If you need more information please call 801-666-2007
If you are traveling and want to go to your nearest mosque for Juma prayer, please check the following Islamic Centers and mosques
Salt Lake City, West Valley and close suburb
- Khadeza Islamic Center (Islamic Society of the Greater Salt Lake City), Address: 1019 W Parkway Ave, West Valley City, UT 84119, Phone: (801) 972-6555
- Muslim Community Center: Address:1888 Fort Union Blvd, Salt Lake City, UT 84121; Phone: (801) 896-4622
- Al Rasool Mosque, Address: 1247 W 4800 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84123
- Al Huda Islamic Center, Address: 470 E Stanley Ave, Salt Lake City, UT 84115, Phone: (801) 463-4631
- Masjid Al Noor, Address: 740 S 700 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84102, Phone: (801) 364-7822
- Madina Masjid, Address: 1773 N Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84116, Phone: (408) 791-9652
- Islamic Society of Bosniaks in Utah, Address: 425 N 700 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
- Az Zahra Islamic Center, Address: 3832 Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84115, Phone: (801) 979-7753
- Utah Islamic center (UIC), Address: 235 W 9000 S, Sandy, UT 84070, Phone: (801) 255-2212
- Logan Islamic Center. Address: 748 N 600 E, Logan, UT 84321, Phone: (435) 753-2491
Source: Google.com; Updated: July 1, 2017
Utah Valley Islamic Center/ Al Sahaba Mosque is located at
352 East 900 South, Orem UT 84097
The Juma Prayer starts at 1:30 PM and Ends by 2:10 PM
Parking is in the back of the mosque building and also in the street
If you need more information please call
The get together starts right after the Maghrib Prayer and ends after the Isha Prayer
Utah Valley Islamic Center and Al Sahaba Mosque
Utah Valley University Center for the Study of Ethics, UVU Center for International Affairs and Diplomacy and the Muslim Community of the Utah Valley have organized a one-day symposium titled “Islam and Hope.”
The symposium will be on Monday February 1, 2016 at the UVU Classroom Building Auditorium (Room No 511) from 12:00 noon to 2:00PM.
Professor Dr. Brad Cook, the Provost of Southern Utah University, will deliver the keynote speech at 12:00 Noon. Professor Cook is an expert on Islam and the former vice president of Utah Valley University. Refreshments will be served.
The keynote speech will be followed by a panel discussion-Q/A session. The panelists include Drs. Brad Cook, Amir Kia, Christopher Hurtado and Imam Shuaib Uddin. The Panel discussion-Q/A session will continue till 2:00 PM
You are invited to the symposium.
*Utah Valley Islamic Center and Al Sahaba Mosque are sister organizations formed by the Muslim community of the Utah Valley, including the faculty members and students of Utah Valley University and Brigham Young University.
Eid al-Adha prayer will be on Thursday Sep 24 in mosques around greater Salt Lake City. Eid prayer time at UVIC Al Sahaba mosque is 8:00 AM
Eid prayer will be held Friday July 17th 8:30 AM at
Classic Fun Center
9151 South 255 West
May Allah accept your siam and quiam
All praise be to Allah, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful
UVIC members and the Orem community of the faithful gratefully announce that: Effective Friday 29 May 2015, the Juma Prayer will be held at the temporary extension of the Al Sahaba Mosque located at
352 East 900 South, Orem UT 84097
As usual, the Sermons will start sharply at 1:30 PM, and the Congregational Payers will be over by 2:05 PM.
Direction: From State Street (US89) take East 900 South, the Al Sahaba Mosque is the second home on the right, next to Forest Motors, opposite to the Dairy Queen Ice-cream Factory.
Note: UVIC no longer rents Suite 112 of the University Mall, Orem UT 84097. Thus the facility is no longer accessible to UVIC members. If you have any questions or concerns please call
UVIC President: 801 380 9845, or UVIC Treasurer: 801 362 6172
The General Body Members of the Utah Valley Islamic Council assembled on August 29, 2014 and voted for the name of the Utah Valley Islamic Center (UVIC) Mosque.
Several names were proposed but the General Body unanimously choose the name “Al Sahaba Mosque”
The English meaning of the name is “The Mosque of the Companions of Prophet Muhammad (peace be on him)”
From now on, the mosque portion of UVIC would be known as the Al Sahaba Mosque
UVIC plans to build the mosque in next 15 months. The other part of the center (the Muslim Community Center) would be built in the second phase of construction.